The Universities in Berlin provide the opportunity and tools to produce the future geniuses of Germany. Providing excellent infrastructure for research and analysis, the Universities in Berlin are the banner to quality education. Three of the most important universities in Berlin are the Freie Universität Berlin, Technische Universität Berlin and the Humboldt Universität Berlin.
Some of the other important universities in Berlin are:
- TFH-BERLIN University of Applied Scienses
- Fachhochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft Berlin
- Berlin University of the Arts
- German Academy for Film and Television Berlin
- Stanford University Bing Overseas Studies
- Teikyo University, Berlin campus
- Alice-Salomon-Fachhochschule für Sozialarbeit
- Berufsakademie Berlin
- ESCP-EAP Europäische Wirtschaftshochschule
- Fachhochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft Berlin
- Fachhochschule für Verwaltung und Rechtspflege Berlin
- Hertie School of Governance
- Hochschule für Musik Hanns Eisler
- Hochschule für Schauspielkunst „Ernst Busch“
- International Business School
- Katholische Hochschule für Sozialwesen
- Kunsthochschule Berlin-Weißensee
- Mediadesign Hochschule
- OTA private University of applied sciences Berlin
- Stern'sches Konservatorium
- Touro College Berlin
Facilities in Universities of BerlinDriven by the sole motivation of creating a positive future for the students, the universities in Berlin have laid down the infrastructure that is needed for qualitative education and research. Some of the facilities in Universities of Berlin are:
- Excellent Library facilities: The Universities of Berlin are felicitated with rare and extraordinary books that are required for research and analysis.
- In campus computer centers, teaching complicated technical language needed in the field of Engineering.
- On campus Test offices, supervising and conducting frequent tests to analyzing the ability of the students.
- Study centers in the universities in Berlin organize study tours, excursions, symposiums, conferences and seminars.
- Advisors for the foreign students provide the required assistance to the students who are not accustomed to the system of education in the country.
- Ample provisions for internships, which are co-ordinated by the international offices in the university campuses. The internships are provided in almost all the fields of media, humanities, medicine, law, economics, music and many more. Students get to work with the corporate industries, coming to terms with the global capital market.
- Numerous cultural and sports program are also organized, building up an all round persona out of the students. Students exchange programs are also conducted with the other renowned universities.
- Accommodation facilities form out stationed students.
University of BerlinAlso known by the name of Humboldt University of Berlin, it is one of the oldest universities in Germany. Founded by the great academic reformer and linguist, Wilhelm von Humboldt, in the year 1810, the university speaks volumes on quality education. The university is not only a temple of knowledge for the students, but is also the reservoir of the past and has carried over the history of the country from generation to generation.
Some of the world famous theoreticians and philosophers, who are the former students of the university have brand named the quality of education in the university. Some such dignitaries are Johann Gottlieb Fichte, Friedrich Schleiermacher,G.W.F. Hegel, Savigny, Arthur Schopenhauer, Friedrich Schelling, Heinrich Heine and Robert Schuman. The university has a total of eleven faculties, which are:
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Agriculture and Horticulture
- Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences I, which comprise Biology, Chemistry, Physics.
- Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences II, which comprise Geography, Computer Science, Mathematics, Psychology
- Charité - Berlin University Medicine
- Faculty of Philosophy I, which include Philosophy, History, European Ethnology, Department of Library and Information Science
- Faculty of Philosophy IV, which include Sport science, Rehabilitation Studies, Education, Quality Management in Education
- Faculty of Theology
- Faculty of Philosophy II , which include Literature, Linguistics, Scandinavian Studies, Romance literatures, English and American Studies, Slavic Studies, Classical Philology
- Faculty of Philosophy III , which include Social Sciences, Cultural Studies/Arts, Asian/African
- Faculty of Economics and Business Administration
- Archaeological Studies, Gender Studies
Free University of BerlinAlso known as the Freie Universität Berlin, the Free University in Berlin is the largest among all the universities in Berlin. The educational program in the university focuses on humanities, social sciences, health and natural sciences. It has a total of twelve departments, which are:
- Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy
- Business and Economics
- Earth Sciences
- Pedagogy and Psychology
- History and Cultural Studies
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Philosophy and Humanities
- Veterinary Medicine
- Political and Social Science
- Institute for Eastern European Studies
- John F. Kennedy Institute for North American Studies
- Institute for Latin American Studies